Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Independent Woman :)

Blog 29
November 3
Trying to use this time wisely! Successful day :) Asked for my free meals, and received all three. Yes! Started the day, after breakfast, working on my Kazakh language book. My goal is to fill in the entire thing before I get to site. I want to wow them with my sweet Kazakh skills lol. That was a good refresher - you have to think I haven't really done much with the language for the past two weeks! I know there wasn't much there to lose in the first place... but I'm rusty lol. Then a PC driver came and picked up my luggage. Praise the Lord, there just happens to be some trip going somewhere but - most importantly- going through Bilpuk Bi, where Johnny is, - and they are willing and able to swing by my school and drop off all of my luggage! What a blessing to not have to worry about lugging all of that around by myself on the bus/taxi/marshutka/fill-in-the-blank. Hopefully it will be safe and won't be rummaged through or anything at the school. Another positive. (I sort of feel like half of me is on my way now!)
The Kok Tobe people brought dinner to my room, which was very convenient.... I wasn't looking forward to eating alone in that big dining hall! Earlier Jeffery showed me the way to this humungous tower thing up in the mountains. It was beautiful and had a great view of the city. I took some really nice pictures. Now I'm just overlooking all of the papers that we were given about my site/community/school/host family options/what I'm actually supposed to be doing at site. Also, realizing the importance of staying focused on what we had just been taught and told, you know.
I think I forgot to mention that I applied for and was selected to be part of the Peer Support Network, 5 were chosen. :) I am so glad to be a part of this group because it means that I will be reimbursed for the money I spend calling friends and encouraging them! What an easy job. I've used my idle time here to start supporting my peers... :) It's also really cool because one of the things that I was looking forward to about doing PC was really watching God, and staying out of His way. What I mean is having a really strong prayer life and seeing how He moves while I'm here. Being on the PSN, I will have plenty of prayer material! I just know God is going to use this opportunity to show me what's up lol. So, I had already planned on being more organized with prayers, requests, and how they are answered... but this group gives me the opportunity to be paid for doing this! Cool :) I'm working on a good system, I'm sure I'll figure one out the more calls/texts I make.
It also works that I'm here, now in a way that it gives me the chance to make some calls and start out my little project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment